Your privacy is very important to us
If you submit a survey response accessed through a link on the site and opt to be contacted for further engagement or submit an enquiry form through the site that requires personal information, we may request your name and contact details in order to engage further with you or respond to your enquiries. We may also collect other personal information about you.
Here’s what we will and won’t do with your personal information:
- Our system administrator and Empty Homes project personnel can see your personal information.
- Information you provide will be stored and used by us to develop aggregated and anonymous data about empty homes in New Zealand, assess empty homes that have potential for re-occupation and determine possible supports and solutions required to reintroduce appropriate empty homes into the housing stock in New Zealand.
- Information you provide will be stored and used by us to evaluate and improve Empty Homes.
- We may also use information collected from you as non-identifiable, anonymous data to inform research and reporting that could help inform the development of innovative solutions to increase the housing supply in New Zealand.
- We may also use information collected from you as non-identifiable, aggregated, anonymous data for the purpose of promoting Empty Homes to New Zealanders.
- Your personal information that you supply will be used to follow up with you if you indicate you would like more information about Empty Homes or would like to engage further about your empty home.
We may disclose your personal information to another party in the following circumstances:
- in anonymised form for statistical purposes
- when it is required by law
- to protect the rights of Empty Homes
- through cookies and tracking technologies
- to a partner who may be involved in supporting solutions to bring your empty home back into the housing supply.
Third party advertising and links to websites
If you do not provide personal information or provide incomplete information
If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information or do not wish to identify yourself when you submit a request for follow up from with Empty Homes (either through a general enquiry form or through the Empty Homes survey), we’ll be unable to provide you with any services and /or support, including any support to re-occupy your empty home if you are an empty homeowner.
Further personal information may be requested from you by an Empty Homes team member for the purposes outlined above. However, this information is not compulsory for you to provide.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to applicable laws. These include rights in certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Ask for inaccurate personal information to be corrected.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact one of our team using our general enquiries form.
To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
Changes to our policy